Horsing Around This Summer at Palace House
When: 28th July to 5th September, 10AM to 5PM
This year, come and spend the summer holidays at Palace House, Newmarket. From exclusive 'kid-only' behind the scenes experiences to meet former racehorses, crafty activities and jockey-themed fun, there is so much taking place for families and horse fans of all ages!
Our summer activities include:
- Explore the galleries with our special summer family trail where you'll discover secrets and tackle tasks around our three attractions!
- Get creative in our craft pod with fun activities, including designing your own rosette
- Learn how we care for retired racehorses with our behind the scenes, children-only tour in the Rothschild Yard. An interactive, exclusive experience available every Tuesday over the summer holidays at 10.30am, subject to availablility. (Suitable for ages 5 - 12)
- Discover secrets from the store with our assistant curator, who will be presenting previously unseen objects from our science collection! Held in our Atrium on the 1st, 15th and 29th August at 12.30pm
- Meet our former racehorses and watch them learning new skills during daily demonstrations in the Peter O’Sullevan Arena. Available every day at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- Become a jockey for the day on our racehorse simulator! Pop on silks and a cap and take to the 'track' to see how fast you can go!
With so much to do and so many activities on offer, families can enjoy anywhere from 3 hours to a full day at Palace House. Activities available cater to children of all ages.
Our on-site restaurant, The Tack Room, offers brunch, lunch and dinner, as well as a fantastic children's menu.
Takeaway picnics are also available from the onsite Pantry Bakery.
BUY TICKETS NOW!