Lord Calthorpe, 'Fred', 1885, Artist: Spy.
Lord Calthorpe, 6th Baron Calthorpe was an agriculturist and philanthropist with a keen interest in the Turf. Augustus Calthorpe was educated at Harrow and matriculated at Merton College Oxford, proceeding to an M.A. in 1855. He donated Calthorpe Park and 27.5 acres of land for the development of Birmingham University and a further 20 acres in the City for student recreation. Lord Calthorpe devoted himself to sporting pursuits and Horse Racing in particular.
All prints are 26 x 40 cm and supplied unframed and un-mounted. They are antique chromolithographs and come with a certificate of authenticity.